Thursday, September 15, 2011

SUPERBASS

"If Taylor Swift knew us we would be best friends." - Britt Linde.

It's so true.

And, furthermore, let me just say T-Sweezy + Nicki Minaj + Superbass = a perfect reason for a blog post.

The inspiration began with a mutual obsession Taylor Swift, my girlfriends and I have with Nicki Minaj's "SUPERBASS"

So let's begin when I watched this video. And it just solidified
we would be the best of friends.



I mean. The reasons are blatently obvious. We're both blonde. We love country and yet we can rap.

And then...Britt and I decided we would a video of our own.

It went something like this:




(FYI: We kept looking to the side in hopes that no one in her family would catch us acting like middle school girls. Somehow I imagined  the African drums being played during the chorus. I attempted to "play them." I was informed by several people that in fact, that wasn't how you play the African drums at all. Oh well.)

Several weeks later a fabulous thing happened.There I was walking the streets of New York with Gene and Jessica when Gene points out that some celebrity is walking out of this sushi restaurant. Some celebrity? I mean that's an understatement. Fortunately for me, "some celebrity" meant TAYLOR SWIFT. I freaked out. Probably more than a 25 year old girl should freak out, but whatevs.  Unfortunately for Gene,  I almost yanked his arm off in excitement.  Oops.

Clearly I had to tell the world about what just happened.  Here was my favorite response...courtesy of the one and only Jody:



The following day, Rachel came into town. (We were celebrating her 25th birthday after all so she better have been there.)  She (like Britt, T-Swift and I) is equally as obsessed with SUPERBASS and so we made this video.  (Cameo appearance of Laura featured in this video)






But wait, don't worry, it doesn't stop there.  Just a couple short weeks later I am minding my own business, working hard in the office, and I notice T-Swift is performing in DC that very night.  Shockingly, and I mean SHOCKINGLY I was able to buy some decent last minute floor seats.  So. Katie and I went for her birthday.  Channeling our inner girl we had to dress in headbands and dresses.



It was a fantastic concert. But that probably goes without saying.  And it was a great way to ring in Katie's Birthday. I mean, Katie's fabulous. Taylor's fabulous. It just made absolute sense that we should go.

Recently, it all came together when I learned Nicki came on stage at one of Taylor's concerts and surprised the audience by singing "Superbass" with her. I feel like I should have been there.  However, this video of it will suffice...for now.




So there you have it. 

And just in case you haven't gotten enough, here's my fave T-Sweezy video:





I'd love to make a music video with the 2 of them.

The end.

3 comments:

Nate said...

This just made my day, thank you.

Ben, Hannah, & Baby Jane said...

I can not get enough of you!!! I love this whole post and Yes, I did watch all the videos you posted.
I am soooo jealous that you got to T-swift. She is the bomb and I have been wanting to go to one of her concerts.

I love you and would love a visit from you sooner than later!!!

themisswhit said...

only t-swizzle would harmonize to a nikki minaj song. and i can't like i sort of got squeamish when she tried to sexy dance. ahhh....awky.