Tuesday, August 7, 2012

That time your text goes to an unintended recipient...

I have this best friend. We will call her B. Linde, cause that's her name (it's been shortened to protect the innocent). You've probably heard of her before because we are besties that live across the continental US from each other and haven't seen each other in over a year and while that is completely tragic no amount of time can really tear us apart. Because like I said, we are besties.

If you've had the EXTREME pleasure of meeting B., you've also probably had the EXTREME pleasure of her taking a "selfie" on your phone or camera. Like so:

     A Smattering of B. self-pics over the years.

    Now, while we all LOVE having "selfies" of B. on our phones we also like to tease her about it. Thus, I take a self-pic of myself, well, anytime that I can really, to send to her. 

This past road trip was no exception. 

On que, I took a self-pic, to send to her:



And with a click of my little finger, it was sent with the following caption:
"This is the face of a girl that misses you"

WAIT! What?
It didn't send to B.
Nope.
If not B., then who?
It sent to a guy I know whose name also begins with B that I only had met a couple months ago and don't know ALL THAT WELL, although we are friends.  (We will call him B2).

I tried to redeem myself by explaining the mix-up to B2 over text which is just never a good idea because "communication" over text really doesn't exist.

I'm mortified. Humiliated. Embarrassed.

Little do I know, that to add to my social humiliation he is at my house with his roommate and my roommates and they are all having one BIG laugh at my expense.

And that's when B2 send me this pic in return:

Text Caption Reads: "This is the body of a man that misses you."

Yep.  That's my bedroom and bed. 
Yep. I pretty much laughed until I cried.
And then wished his shoes weren't on my bed, but I'm over it.
And then laughed some more. For a good hour or so.
In fact, I'm laughing now as I write this.

And that's how it happened folks.  We've all done it - accidentally sent a message to someone else when we intended it for a different recipient.  Unfortunately, this isn't the only time I've done this.  I could tell more tragic tales that involve guys I've dated, or wanted to date that aren't as funny, and more embarrassingly vulnerable, but let's be honest, I just don't want to re-live those moments.

Thankfully, this one ended in laughter and not TOTAL humiliation.  Good game B2. 

2 comments:

Aaron said...

ahaha Well that's a good one, and it could have definitely been a lot worse and/or more embarrassing!

The Theodores said...

hahaah! i love reading your posts. things like this only happen to you :) lylas