Friday, February 25, 2011

25 is a good number

i like lists, the number 25, and birthdays.  it just so happens this year is my golden birthday. I will be 25 on the 25th. That is exactly one month from today.  So it figures I should make a list of 25 items I want to become or accomplish during my 25th year.

Some I may accomplish. Some may roll over to next year. Either way. I like having a list.

  1.  Learn a second language. Spanish or French? Maybe both. We'll see.
  2. Skydiving.
  3. Write my book.  I have been "writing" it for a while now but this time I have an end date in mind.
  4. Submit a recipe to a recipe contest. somewhere. undecided as of now.
  5. Run the D.C. 1/2 Marathon.  Just so happens it's the day after my birthday. So i will be celebrating the actually day by going to bed early.  But then again that's another reason to celebrate birthday week not just birthday day.
  6. Travel to a new place. Spain? I could practice my Spanish there. And eat good food. Or maybe Peru?
  7. Blog more.
  8. Be a better friend, daughter, sister, and aunt.  I seriously have the most amazing people in my life.  All of you. If I know you and you are reading this I am glad you are in my life. I want to make sure that I never take anyone for granted. I'm not always the best at expressing how I really feel about people but I want to be better at it.
  9. Be more patient.  The days are long but the years are short. Some things take time. I want to enjoy each day more.
  10. Find a job I love.
  11. Call a friend that doesn't live near me every week and catch up with them.
  12. Read at least ONE new book every month.
  13.  Bike through Lancaster County
  14. Shower at a flying J's-  Yes, I do realize this is really weird. But for some reason since I was younger and I heard them yell "shower 3 is open" I've always thought it'd be funny. 
  15. Milk a cow. Never done it. Always wanted to.
  16. Raft through the Grand Canyon
  17. Learn to do a handstand
  18. Find a cause I really believe in and then volunteer with them or help raise money for them.
  19. See Garth Brooks in concert
  20.  Laugh at myself more
  21. Drive across America from coast to coast
  22. Go fishing. Catch a fish. Cook it for dinner.
  23. Send  a message in a bottle. Pointless? Probably. Still...I've never done it.
  24. Let go of my fears that hold me back.
  25. Learn a new sport. Ice Skating? Skateboarding? Golf?

2 comments:

Britt Linde said...

youve wanted to shower at flying j's since ive known you.

Nate said...

I love this list! I've driven from coast to coast but I want to do it again and take a month doing it. Lets plan a fun road trip!