Monday, February 28, 2011

The art of the HUMBLEBRAG

HUMBLEBRAG:
one word
verb, noun, adjective, any use really.
1. Fain complaining while patting yourself on the back.
2. When a person compliments him- or herself by pretending to complain of a difficulty.

The HUMBLEBRAG. We are ALL guilty of it at some point. I'm not saying HUMBLEBRAGS are a bad thing. Bottom line- they just make me laugh.

1. "Oh it was so annoying.  I was talking with William Shatner last night and he kept saying
'sabatAge' instead of 'sabatOge'."
(SIDE NOTE: This is a quote from a co-worker on the art of the humblebrag)

TRANSLATION: Yes, the fact William Shatner says "sabatAge" rather than "sabatOge" may actually be annoying.  But really, the point of the story is just to tell us how you've been chatting it up with William Shatner.

2.  "It's so annoying. My size 2 jeans are baggy on me."

TRANSLATION: I have lost weight. Please notice. But I didn't really have any weight to lose because I was a size 2 to begin with.

3. Courtesy of twitter.com/humblebrag "Is it a bad sign if I've gone out with someone who's played a killer on ?"

TRANSLATION: Guess what? I went out with someone who was on Dexter!!!


HUMBLEBRAGS. I find them amusing.

2 comments:

Britt Linde said...

guilty.

Shannon said...

Ah, I had no idea you have a blog! I can't get enough of your funny stories and wit.
Oh, and send me your email address if you want an invitation to my blog too.