Thursday, January 3, 2013

Someone should have filed a restraining order.

Well, if you've been following my blog since it's creation perhaps you remember an old post I wrote about one of my many childhood heartthrobs - Leonardo Dicaprio. If not, you can catch up HERE.

During Christmas break, I decided I was going to go through my old room and discover all my treasures from childhood that have been stuffed away for years. Well, based on what I found, I wish I had left them buried.

Apparently my memory seems to have forgotten WHAT A WEIRDO I WAS AS A KID.  That's right.  Looking back on my obsession with Leo I thought, "Sure, it's totally normal for a young girl to have a crush." I didn't realize how TOTALLY obsessed I was until....I ran across this poem I wrote AND SENT TO HIM: (INSERT THE BOLDEST OF HUMILIATIONS RIGHT HERE).


Translation since you probably can't read my 14 yr. old hand writing:

I love to look and dream of you
You make my heart so glad
I feel like I could touch you
through the picture that I have
Although it's just a poster
Your piercing eyes look real
When I try to tear my eyes away
It is to no avail
It makes me start to think of what
a perfect pair we could be
WITH YOU A GOLDEN 23
& ME A YOUNG 14
I know I'm just another girl starstruck in your eyes
But I have hope down in my heart we'll meet before I die.

Someone should have filed a restraining order.

I was totally creepy.  A PERFECT PAIR? 23 & 14. I'm pretty sure that's illegal in ALL 50 states. And if it isn't, it should be.

So Leo...Near. Far. Wherever You Are. This one is for you!

At least I can laugh at myself now.  And, at least I can see HOW MUCH I'VE GROWN UP SINCE THEN.  Thank Heavens for that.  Hopefully in another 12 years I don't unearth some weird poem like this from my time as a 26 year old.

#LAUGHATYOURSELF


5 comments:

Unknown said...

I LOVE to read your blogs - they always make me smile and this one especially. I knew you were a little overboard with the Leonardo thing but never knew you wrote him a poem!!

Bethany Hoyt said...

I freaking love you.

Shannon said...

aaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha. Love this.

Anonymous said...

I'm secondhand embarrassed, kind of, because I used to be the same with none other than Taylor Hanson..of Hanson. Now that's mortifying.
-Cristina Tucker

Shelly Gupta said...

I might have written an entire 60+ page fan fiction story about *NSYNC when I was 15 or something ridiculous. And by might have I mean I definitely did and I think I still have it.