Thursday, May 9, 2013

Beyoncé should come with a warning sign.

Alright. We all know Beyoncé is fierce or else her alter-ego wouldn't literally be Sasha FIERCE.  It wasn't until last week though that I realized just HOW FIERCE this Queen B truly is.

But let me back it up a bit and start with this. I've been living by a new life motto lately (thanks to my friend Jody who coined it): Be Beyoncé.

So obviously I'm still me and I love being me, BUT I have rather enjoyed "living as B" lately.  Here's the thing... being B is more like a shift in thought. A more care-free, calm shift in thought.  I am typically one who worries a lot about things that may or may not happen and often care what others may think of me and stress about it. Here's where the shift in thought comes in. Think about it.  

Let's say someone breaks up with you or you lose a job or something else happens that could bring you way down for a bit. Well, instead of worrying about it and getting all worked up in sorrows you switch on your B power.  What would B do in this situation?  She would recognize the hurt, accept it, realize it's a part of her, and then step forward to do something great such as writing a song lyrics that says, "You can leave with me or you can have the blues" (taken from her song EGO). In other words, she wouldn't let it get her down.  She would use it do something empowering and hopefully good.

I'm not saying it's an excuse to be a diva or anything. I mean I'm not going to have my own rider like hers anytime soon. But, I think there is a real power in not letting things get to you.  You just use it as a chance to improve and take power in what you want out of life.  Essentially, this sums up how I feel: (If you haven't seen it watch through the end, or fast forward, it's amaze)

         

Basically, I want to do and be the good in this world and you can't do that if you let yourself worry too much. She knows what her strengths are and she uses them.

So here's the problem.  I have been loving this new motto so much it's become a bit of a joke among friends and co-works. And I finally took it one step too far. I should have known it was dangerous to even attempt to have the same fierceness as B. I mean, there is ONLY ONE B, but I attempted anyway...and it wasn't a good one.

B has a certain stance she turns to often. Case in point:
            


So, in the excitement over my new hat I got for my fabulous cousin and her fabulous wedding I was joking around with the co-works and channeling my best B pose. (You can see I have some work to do)

                                              

And that's when it happened. I did a runway turn and went to pose on the other side, arching my back in a bit too quick of a motion because the next thing I know there is a shooting pain in my back. 

It still hurts. It's still recovering.  

When pics of B are published they should be accompanied with the caption:


"WARNING! Don't try this at home. It's too fierce!"

I learned my lesson. Channel the inner fierceness of B, but leave the diva pose to her.  She does it best anyway.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

You are too funny! Hope the back heals quickly and you can get back to the fierce pose practicing. Oh, and that video was great; thanks for sharing it.

rachel said...

I have been very selective in who I tell about Being Beyonce because it is something of a coping mechanism for me ;) Thanks for the tip and all the amazing support!!!