Monday, May 9, 2011

There are two sides to every story...apparently

Today I went on a walk with my dad. I realized I didn't really know how he met my mom...so, naturally, I asked him.

"well, you know Doug Rogers, that guy that started Cheddars? Well, he had a friend Jim who was dating your mom and I met her when she was with him. We were on a lake."

Next question: "what was your first date?"

"I'm not sure if it was our first, but one of our first dates was to a
Little Richard concert."

Several hours later...

My mom and I are eating cupcakes with some friends. She asks what I've been up to today. I inform her that I went on a walk with dad and found out how they first met on a lake and had their first date at a little Richard concert.

Her response: "What are you talking about? We met at a medical party. He was on stage singing and playing a song he wrote and our first date was to an Ike and Tina turner concert."

And so it goes...Men remember it one way and women remember it a whole other way...And who ever knows who is really right?!

-Live with passion

No comments: