Friday, May 20, 2011

Traveling is my Drug of Choice

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain

“No one realizes how beautiful it is to travel until he comes home and rests his head on his old, familiar pillow.” – Lin Yutang

“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard

“I have found out that there ain’t no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.” – Mark Twain

“To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries.” – Aldous Huxley


I love to travel. And I feel as though these quotes capture many of my feelings towards travel.  Whether it be a road trip, day trip, trip abroad, trip home, or trip to a neighboring city...I embrace it all. In fact, some people think it's weird but I actually LOVE road trips. It doesn't take much to convince me to drop everything, hop in the car, and just drive to visit a place 2 hours away or 20 hours away. I plan on spending several weekends of my summer taking these mini weekend road trips...now the question is...where to?!  Only time will tell...

See, Do, and Meet.  These are my main reasons for loving to travel - there are always new things to see, exciting things to do, and wonderful people to meet that I don't think I shall ever get bored of traveling...just so long as I'm not doing it ALL the time. I love having a place to call "home" and come back to my own, cozy bed to rest my head.  Oh, and before I go on I should probably include eating too! One of the great perks of traveling - new foods. 

Although I am always ready to go anywhere, here are the places that have been on my mind recently that I'd like to discover:
Grand Canyon- Arizona  Yes, I know it's Un-American that I've never been here.  Just never had the chance.


Machu Picchu - Peru

Biking through Lancaster County, PA

Barcelona - Spain
Halifax - Nova Scotia

Rio de Janeiro - Brazil




2 comments:

Mairin said...

I'm so bugged that Orem, Utah is nowhere to be found on this list.

M. said...

Hey, Peru is in fall!! And yes please to any other :) and don't forget NYC! xxx